The Brittany Championship of breton Choirs and the Creation’s Trophy
Each year the championship nominates the Champion of Brittany of the choirs. The competition is opened to all the choirs, mixed, male or female choirs, members of Kanomp Breizh or not, from Brittany or from the whole world. From 2005 it occures every year in Landerneau (29) during festival Kann al Loar.
To take part in this competition, one just has to : sing in Breton from 10 to 15 minutes ( either one work, or several songs, traditional songs harmonized for choir or contemporary songs).
The champion receives a price in money.
They have been Champions since the foundation of the championship :
Kanerien Sant Karanteg (twice in 2005 and 2006)
Mouezh Paotred Breizh (at four times in 2008, 2012, 2015 and 2016)
Kanerion An Oriant (2009)
Allah's Kanañ (twice in 2010 and 2011)
Mouezh Bro Konk - Kanerien sant Meryn (twice in 2013 and 2014)
Moreover, the championship is also a mean for Kanomp Breizh to promote creation in breton language. Some composers still write music on breton poems, and it's one of our duties to let their works be known by the largest public. That's why Kanomp Breizh has asked a breton artist, Yann Olier, to create a wooden sculpture which is now given every year from a choir to another, following the creations in breton laguages presented for the first time during the championship.
They won the Creation’s Trophy since its foundation :
• Mouezh Bro Konk – Kanerien Sant Meryn, directed by Jean-Yves Le Ven, for the oratorio « Izild a Vreizh » from Jean-Yves Le Ven and Jeva Omnès
• Kanerion An Oriant, directed by Marianne Lesavre, for « Euredenn e Bro Gwened – La Noce Vannetaise »
• Allah's Kanañ, for " Blaz ar c'henavo" from Perynn Bleunven
• Kan Awen, directed by Florian Desbans, for "Hor C'hanaouenn" from Florian Desbans
• Mouezh Paotred Breizh, directed by Jean-Marie Airault, for "Kan Glaz ar Sklerijenn" from Jean-Pierre Boulic, Job an Irien and René Abjean
• Kan Awen, directed by Florian Desbans, for "Me a zavo un dourell" from Florian Desbans
• Hekleo, directed by Gwenn an Dreo and Maela Kloareg, for "Kan Mona" an irish traditional song with breton lyrics by Jean-Pierre Thomin.
• Mouezh Bro Konk - Kanerien sant Meryn, directed by Jean-Yves Le Ven, for "Nevezadur" composed by Jean-Yves Le Ven on poems by Anjela Duval. The jury also gave them a special mention for the quality of the lyrics
To get more informations on the Championship, the rules, the music chosen by Kanomp Breizh : +336297929 or firstname.lastname@example.org
First category : Mouezh Paotred Breizh again !
Champion of Brittany : Mouezh Paotred Breizh 18,09 / 20
Second : Lazoù-kanañ Konk ha Ploveilh (Mouezh Bro Konk & Kanerien sant Meryn) 17,18 / 20
Third : Kan Awen 16,67 / 20
Fourth : Hekleo Strolladig 15,46 / 20
Fifth : Kanerion an Oriant 14,65 / 20
Trophy of Creation and special mention for quality of the lyrics have been to Lazoù-kanañ Konk ha Ploveilh for the musical suite "Nevezadur" composed by Jean-Yves Le Ven on poes by Anjela Duval.
Results of championship second and third category
Gwalarn Uhel (Ploudalmézeau) : 15,85/20. Will be allowed to climb in first category next year.
Kanerien Bro Lokorn (Locronan) : 14,30/20. Second place
Kanerien Ar Goëlo (St Quay Portrieux) : 14,22/20. Third place
Two choirs took part in third category, category Audition. They both have been thanked for their courage to present themselves on stage, and they have received advices and have been encouraged to persevere in the good way they have already taken. Their name : Mouez Rosko (Roscoff) and Kan Izel Vor (La Forêt-Fouesnant).